First of all, I didn't make my blog post goal for two weeks ago because Dan and Carlene came over on Sunday for dinner and I was busy all day preparing for that plus getting the kitchen work started for another work week. That involves cooking some things in advance, making lunches, chopping salad fixings, etc. So that was my excuse to myself.
It was great to see D and C. They seem to be happily figuring out how to be married. It brings me great joy to hear how they take care of each other as they work their long hospital shifts and balance their coursework, with Carlene's being more difficult and time-consuming. Dan, however, uses some of his days off to make some extra money by teaching CPR classes all over the city. So they are both busy and their spare time is scarce. When they can spend a few hours with Mr. W and me, it truly is a treat.
Last weekend, Valentine's Day was also their five month anniversary. So hard to believe the wedding was that long ago! At this time last year, it seemed a long way off.
I didn't make my blog post goal for last weekend either, and it was a three-day weekend due to having Presidents' Day off. No excuses; I'm just a lazy slug. Next three-day weekend is Easter; nothing but miserable five-day work weeks until then. Today, the countdown is 312 days until potential retirement.....
Mr. W and I had an appointment at a plumbing supplies showroom on the holiday to pick out fixtures for our master bathroom. Slowly, painfully, we are putting the pieces together for this project. We have a contractor who was recommended by the tile store and he is the one who recommended this plumbing showroom. When we finally schedule the job, the contractor says it will take at least a month. That sounds just crazy to me because we are only talking about improving approximately 60 square feet of space. Apparently, this is the most expensive and labor-intensive square footage in the house.
In this process I've come to believe that something is wrong with me because I don't understand how the master bathroom in a house is so important to people who are not me. I do not see it as a spa, a haven, a retreat, or anything particularly warm and fuzzy. It's a bathroom!! Metal fixtures, cold tile, and a cold porcelain toilet. It's the room where I have to shower in order to go out into the cold, cruel world of the office. It's the room where I have to scrub and disinfect the fixtures and porcelain every week. It is not a retreat to me; it is a work chamber!
Further, I don't understand why people who are not me want huge shower spaces. How much room does one need to take a shower? It is a bathroom, not a water park.
Nonetheless, I'm coming to accept that an updated master bath will make a difference when we are ready to sell this house in a few years. So, bring on the new fixtures, cold tile and porcelain stuff. We're creating a haven......
Sunday, February 23, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment